Welcome To Upper Bay Counseling & Support Services, Inc.
At Upper Bay Counseling & Support Services, we condemn racism. We stand with our black employees, clients, and community members against hate, discrimination, and violence. Black Lives Matter. We at Upper Bay Counseling & Support Services are committed to being allies and a safe place for people of color to seek mental health treatment and employment.
We are change agents and experts at helping people through difficult times. Our goal is to look inwardly at what we can improve in ourselves and our organization and we are committed to continue to advance our expertise in helping people in our community and country so everyone is treated justly.
Upper Bay Counseling & Support Services, Inc.
COVID-19 Service Delivery Plan
Effective March 23, 2020, Upper Bay Counseling & Support Services, Inc. (UBCSS) will be observing the following precautionary protocols as a result of the COVID-19 in Maryland:
1. We will remain opened for services and we will be providing our services following the advice of the CDC and our state authorities. Most of our service lines will move to telehealth. Those that cannot will continue and our staff will use an abundance of caution as advised by the CDC and state authorities to protect the client and our staff.
2. UBCSS Intake Services will continue to operate out of our Rt. 40 location at 1275-B W. Pulaski Hwy., Elkton, MD, and our Havre de Grace location at 626 Revolution St., Havre de Grace, MD with minimal direct staff contact.
a. The actual intake will be done via telehealth by a licensed clinician and all assigned intake areas will be disinfected after every appointment to minimize risk.
b. We are asking that you please call 410-996-3450 to schedule an appointment and not walk in until further notice.
c. If you are ill, please do not come in for an intake, but contact your primary care physician.
d. Prescriber services will continue via telehealth. Our medical assistants will call clients to set up appointments via telehealth.
e. All clients will be instructed how to set up either their computer or smart phone for teleservices. They will have IT support from UBCSS.
3. All UBCSS therapy services will be administered by telehealth services. Therapists and counselors have been and will continue to manage all communication and direction to their clients and families on scheduling, canceling and maintaining appointments.
4. UBCSS will be postponing and/or cancelling all planned in-person activities until further notice.
5. UBCSS asks that providers reach out to us for guidance in making new referrals and coordinating care.
This is new for us all, and we ask that you work with us to make sure our clients and their families continue to get support and care in the safest way possible for the client and our staff.
We will provide updates via our Facebook page and our website with any new information regarding our services.
The UBCSS Senior Management Team
If you have an emotional, behavioral or mental health concern, or a problem with addictions, Upper Bay Counseling can help. At our locations in both Cecil and Harford Counties in Maryland, we provide a broad range of counseling and mental health services to meet every individual’s needs.
Confidential services are available for adults, children and adolescents who may be experiencing:
- Emotional difficulties, such as depression, low self esteem, anxiety, fears, or grief and loss
- Behavioral difficulties, such as Attention Deficit & Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
- Relationship issues, including concerns with marriage, partner relationships, parenting, or family
- Serious & persistent mental illnesses, such as Bipolar Disorder or Schizophrenia
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), including issues with physical, emotional, or sexual abuse
- Substance Use Disorders
- Substance Use Disorders in combination with a mental health disorder
Upper Bay Counseling & Support Services, Inc. is licensed as a mental health provider by COMAR and the state of Maryland. UBCSS is also CARF-accredited and has achieved the highest standard of CARF International accreditation (a 3 year accreditation).
Parenting with Love & Logic Classes – CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Assertive Community Treatment
Our ACT team is currently at work serving
all of Cecil County’s most vulnerable adults.
Click HERE for more information.
Overcoming Grief and Loss – CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
A Support Group for Adults at our
Rt 40 location in Elkton.
Call 410-620-7161, ext. 1207
Parent Support Groups
Click HERE for more information.